This is a quick overview of the December 2018 Hood River County Real Estate market. The average* sales price has
Home inventory for December 2018 increased to 4.4 months, a 19% increase over November 2018 (3.7 months) and 21% below December 2017 (5.6 months inventory). Looking back 2 years, the December 2016 home inventory was only 2.9 months. This Is a 52% increase in home inventory for December 2018 compared to the same period 2 years ago. Inventory has improved over the last two years if you are a buyer. A normal market typically has 6 months of home inventory.
If you would like to look at the market for your specific home, please email me or call me at (541) 402-1219 or (509) 540-1309.
*Note - The average and median sales prices are calculated on a rolling 12-month basis. This smooths out the monthly variability and provides a truer trending result for the time period being reviewed.
For additional information on the real estate market in Hood River County and Wasco County, please follow these links:
- Hood River County Real Estate Price Decreases Jan 1-14, 2019
- Hood River County Real Estate Price Decreases – Dec 2018
- Wasco County Real Estate Price Decreases – Dec 2018
- Hood River County Nov 2018 Real Estate Report
- Wasco County Nov 2018 Real Estate Report
- Hood River County Oct 2018 Real Estate Report
- Wasco County Oct 2018 Real Estate Report
- Where Are Interest Rates Headed in 2019?
- Alternative Solutions Blog
Please call or email me if you have any real estate questions.