Hood River County Home Sales in September 2019
During September 2019, twenty-seven (27) homes sold in Hood River County, ranging in price from a low of $229,000 to a high of over $1.4M. The average square footage of the sold homes was 1,714, with a median of 1,690 square feet. The average Days on Market (DOM) was 50 days, with a median DOM of 26 days. The monthly inventory of homes available for sale dropped to 4 months in Sept 2019. Previously, the August 2019 inventory available for sale was 4.6 months.
There were 21 homes sold in Hood River (includes the City of Hood River, Hood River Westside, Hood River Eastside, and Odell), with an average sales price of $493,800 and a median sales price of $432,000.
Cascade Locks saw three homes sold, with an average and median sales price of $267,700 and $260,000, respectively, in Sept 2019.
Mt Hood Parkdale also had 3 home sales completed in Sept 2019, with an average sales price of $419,000. The median sales price was just over $464,000.
For Hood River County this was the sales activity breakdown by price range for Sept 2019:
- Under $300,000 – 6 homes sold, average DOM of 28 days
- Between $300 – $400,000 – 8 homes sold, average DOM of 25 days
- Between $400 – $500,000 – 5 homes sold, average DOM of 40 days
- Between $500 – $600,000 – 4 homes sold, average DOM of 74 days
- Between $600 – $700,000 – 1 home sold, DOM 52 days
- Between $700 – $800,000 – 1 homes sold, DOM 26 days
- Between $800 – $900,000 – 1 homes sold, DOM 1 day
- More than $1.4M – 1 home sold, DOM 405 days
It is interesting to note that more than half of all the home sales in Hood River County occurred in the sales range below $400,000. And all but 4 sales happened below $600,000. DOM was typically higher as the sales price increased, except for the 4 highest priced sales.
Want to find out about home sales in your neighborhood? Call me and we can discuss your home and neighborhood sales activity in more detail.